Pages

Sunday 16 October 2011

[DIY] Create your own bold fall lip colour.

Got a spare black lipstick from last year's Halloween that you probably won't ever use again? Before you throw that out, I'll show you a way to incorporate it in your everyday makeup to create one of fall's most popular trend: dark, vampy and bold lips. These wine, plum, and berry colours can accentuate your complexion and facial features if worn correctly. Instead of ignoring your go-to summer lipsticks to make way for your new purchase of a vampy colour for fall, here is a fun way to save money and experiment to find the perfect colour for you.

Materials:
A dark lipstick (black, purple, or blue)
 A bright lipstick or a shade that you don't like (frosty or pale colours work well)
 A lip brush

I have an NYX Round Lipstick in 530 Penelope which looks like this:
It doesn't look good on the lips because it isn't as rich as I personally would like for my lips which results in not being able to cover the pigment on my lips and their creases well. Instead of never wearing it again, I decided to experiment and mix it with some fun and bright colors.

So this is what I did:

A: Revlon Super Lustrous Lipstick in 013 Smoked Peach (Matte Finish)
B: NYC Ultra Last Lipwear in 417B Flirty
C: Milani Color Perfect Lipstick in 07 Rose Hip
D: Revlon Super Lustrous Lipstick in Fire & Ice (Creme Finish)
E: Avon Slick Tint for Lips in Glossy Wine

What I do is apply a generous amount of my chosen lipstick and then I take a lip brush to apply the black lipstick on the lips and blending it well. Although it isn't very practical in convenience, you can definitely control the shade with the amount you put and you save money without going through the hassle of buying a lipstick. Happy mixing. :D

0 comments:

Post a Comment

 
Powered by Blogger.

Who?

My photo
I am a thrifter, a beauty hoarder, and lipstick collector. My style makes no sense most of the time and I'm a hot mess. But I like it and if you like it, yay.

Readers :D

Tags

acne (1) beauty (8) bh cosmetics (1) blog (1) diy (1) eye shadow pro (1) eyeliner (1) eyes (1) eyeshadows (1) fall trend (2) haul (1) lips (1) lipstick (2) makeup (5) mario badescu (1) matte (1) palette (1) review (3) revlon (1) shimmery (1) skincare (4) swatches (3) tips (2) wet n wild (1)