Pages

Monday 24 October 2011

[TIPS] How To Prevent Dry/Chapped Lips

1. Do not lick your lips. Sometimes, it's a habit that we do to moisturize our lips when they feel dry in case there is no balm in hand or we do it as automatic emotional response to anxiety. However tempted you are, try to be conscious of those situations and not do it because not only will it make it dryer but constant licking can cause a rash on your upper lip and broken skin on the corners of your lips.

2. Do not peel or pull any loose dead skin. I tend to do this because I'm very obsessive when something is off and when I'm anxious, I tend to fiddle around. Anyway, it will just cause you to bleed and it hurts. It will not at all cure the dryness but just add on irritation.

3. Do not over use your lip balms and glosses. As much as you can, try to keep the product on your lips without over applying every hour. For some reason, I stopped lip products for years and I have not had a problem with chapped lips until now that I'm obsessing over lip products again. Maybe my lips get used to the moisture and it stops the natural moisture from coming.

4. Exfoliate at least once a week. Take good old extra virgin olive oil and granulated sugar to create a paste. Loosen and soften the dry lips on your lips by letting Vaseline or oil soak in for 5 mins - 10mins. Once it's absorbed, scrub the EVOO sugar paste gently on your lips until all the nastiness is off.

5. Product awareness is key. Check the ingredients and see if you're allergic to anything that you're putting on your lips. Avoid alcohol since it will just contribute to your lips drying.

6. Make sure you're getting your vitamins and water. Not just for our lips but for our entire body. We get our moisture from natural oils and I cannot stress enough how important our diet plays with our skin and body.

0 comments:

Post a Comment

 
Powered by Blogger.

Who?

My photo
I am a thrifter, a beauty hoarder, and lipstick collector. My style makes no sense most of the time and I'm a hot mess. But I like it and if you like it, yay.

Readers :D

Tags

acne (1) beauty (8) bh cosmetics (1) blog (1) diy (1) eye shadow pro (1) eyeliner (1) eyes (1) eyeshadows (1) fall trend (2) haul (1) lips (1) lipstick (2) makeup (5) mario badescu (1) matte (1) palette (1) review (3) revlon (1) shimmery (1) skincare (4) swatches (3) tips (2) wet n wild (1)