Pages

Thursday 6 October 2011

[REVIEW & SWATCHES] Wet N Wild Silk Finish Lipstick


Review:
As I have stated, I am addicted to lipsticks. Since I am very cheap, I tend to splurge on the ones that are inexpensive or are on sale. These Wet N Wild Silk Finish Lipsticks are $1.57 at my local Walmart. Since they are cheap, the saying 'you get what you pay for' does apply in terms of staying power. However, they will surprise you. They are decently pigmented and they aren't drying. Even if they won't last the entire day, they don't come off within 2-3 hours either (unless you're going to eat a big meal). Mine stays in decent condition if I dab it on my lips (tapping or dabbing motion) before applying it completely (sliding motion) and blotting it well even without a liner or setting my lips around the edges. I think the colour selection is great and I will probably purchase more that are appropriate for the season since they are really inexpensive. If you are somebody who likes bold and dramatic lipsticks or if you are starting with makeup for yourself (not on clients), I recommend these since they are super fun especially for the price. In Canada, I think they can be found in Zellers and Walmart. If you are in the U.S. please refer to their website.

Swatch Guide:
521A Fuchsia with Blue Pearl: This is very true to its name. It has a blue undertone (great for skin with cool undertones). It's a bright fuchsia with blue shimmer that will brighten up your complexion and make some facial features pop.

552A Just Garnet: If you swatch this on a fair skin, it will look very similar to 521A but on actual lips, it's a lot closer to red than pink. It's a deep berry colour that's almost like wine with red shimmer. Perfect for fall for vampy lips trend!

502A Dark Pink Frost: I always take a risk with these shades. Since there were no samples to see how the swatches look, I never know if the colour will wash me out due to the frosty finish. This colour is cross between a nude pink and a hint of purple. It isn't as frosty as I thought and it doesn't look pale. It has gold shimmer and I think it's subtle way to upgrade a nude look.

0 comments:

Post a Comment

 
Powered by Blogger.

Who?

My photo
I am a thrifter, a beauty hoarder, and lipstick collector. My style makes no sense most of the time and I'm a hot mess. But I like it and if you like it, yay.

Readers :D

Tags

acne (1) beauty (8) bh cosmetics (1) blog (1) diy (1) eye shadow pro (1) eyeliner (1) eyes (1) eyeshadows (1) fall trend (2) haul (1) lips (1) lipstick (2) makeup (5) mario badescu (1) matte (1) palette (1) review (3) revlon (1) shimmery (1) skincare (4) swatches (3) tips (2) wet n wild (1)